Indianapolis Jobs for Press FeederPRINTING PARTNERS • INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
A press feeder loads paper into the feeding tray of a printing press. They can also be trained on other duties pertaining to the running of the press, while following safety guidelines. A press feeder can be trained to become a press operator.
• Follow online work instructions for each printed project.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Gather press supplies to help the press operator run the machine efficiently.
• Monitor the flow of the paper, checking for paper jams.
• Assist press operator with cleaning press and cylinders and removal of plates.
• Make repairs to machine as necessary.
• Maintain service logs.
• Follow quality and safety guidelines and company policies.
• Other duties pertaining to operating press.
• Understanding of printing press operations
• Knowledge of printing press technology
• Mechanical aptitude to make minor repairs
• Attention to detail
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work long hours while standing and lifting heavy paper.