At Printing Partners, we work diligently to ensure that materials we mail use the best method to meet your specifications at the best rate possible.
Our mailing experts provide complete design analysis and guidance to ensure your project complies with United States Post Office standards to receive the very best postage rate possible and selecting the best method possible. We reduce waste with list analysis to eliminate bad or duplicate addresses. Need help with a finding a list to mail to? We can help there too with purchasing a mailing list that is targeted to your specific audience.
Presorted mail saves the Post Office both time and money — and that savings gets passed on to you!
During the presorting process, we will ensure that you receive the best postage rates available by:
• Verifying mailing addresses
• Ensuring your list is C.A.S.S. certified
• Including Intelligent Mail barcodes
• Providing design guidance to comply with postal regulations
• Inkjetting mailing addresses directly onto pieces
• Sorting all pieces by zip code before delivering to the post office
Minimum Requirements for presorted indicia type
Presort First Class — 500 pieces
Presort Standard — 200 pieces
Mailings with a nonprofit indicia must adhere to the same regulations as presorted mail with additional regulations:
• The return address of the nonprofit entity must appear on the mailing panel
• Nothing “promotional” is to be placed on or inside the mailing or additional regulations may apply
• In order to receive the lowest nonprofit rate, the weight of the piece must not exceed 3.3 ounces
• In order to qualify for the lowest postage rate when using a response device, the reply device must include a bar code and facing identification mark (FIM).
Minimum Requirements for nonprofit indicia Nonprofit — 200 pieces + registration with Indianapolis Post Office or National NP Postal Registry
USPS Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM)
EDDM lets your map your marketing mail audience by geographic location, and can give you information like age, income, or household size of locations along a selected mail route. You can use the EDDM mapping tool to choose the ZIP Code™ and carrier route that will target your best possible customers — current and future.
Learn more about the mailing requirements that will help your mail jobs run smoother and how to get the best rate from the USPS.
• Mailing Permits (Indicia)
• Business Reply Mail (BRM) with Intelligent Mail® barcodes
• Mailing Panel Requirements
List Management, Acquisition & Analysis
Mailing lists can be generated and purchased based on criteria determined by you.
A supplied mailing list can be put through analysis to fine-tune the data to increase cost-efficiency and deliverability rates.
If you have already compiled a contact list, our data team ensures that your mailings will arrive at their intended destination.
Presort First class rates
Postcard (Presorted & Barcoded) — 3.5 ounce or less — $0.268 to $0.285 per piece.
Letter Rate (Presorted & Barcoded) — 3.5 ounces or less — $0.398 to $0.45 per piece.
Flat Rate (Presorted & Barcoded) — 1 ounce or less — $0.446 to $0.774 per piece. Each additional ounce is 20 cents per ounce.
First class rates
Single Piece Postcard — 1 ounce or less — $0.36 per piece.
Single Piece Letter Rate — 1 ounce or less — $0.55 per piece. Each additional ounce is 20 cents per ounce.
Single Piece Flat Rate — 1 ounce or less — $1.00 per piece. Each additional ounce is 20 cents per ounce.
Letter rates — 3.5 ounces or less — $0.259 to $0.304 per piece.
Flat rates — 4 ounces or less — $0.45 to $0.726 per piece.
Letter rates — 3.5 ounces or less — $0.138 to $0.183 per piece.
Flat rates — 3.5 ounces or less — $0.256 to $0.532 per piece.
International First Class
Letter - 3.5 ounces or less - $1.20