Indianapolis Jobs for Commercial Press/Small Press OperatorPRINTING PARTNERS • INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
A press operator oversees the production of printed materials. They load the press with paper and ink and adjust the machine as needed to ensure the quality of the printed piece. A press operator will make repairs to the press as needed and will follow all safety guidelines.
• Follow online work instructions for each printed project.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Set up the press to run efficiently.
• Monitor the flow of the paper, checking color to maintain consistency.
• Compare printed piece to color proof.
• Clean press and cylinders and remove plates.
• Make repairs to machine as necessary.
• Maintain service logs.
• Follow quality and safety guidelines and company policies.
• Other duties pertaining to operating press.
• Understanding of printing press operations.
• Knowledge of printing press technology.
• Mechanical aptitude to make minor repairs.
• Attention to detail.
• Computer literate.